Who are we?
Century Seals is a manufacturing company established in 2000 and located in Seaford, Delaware. We are a small company, but don’t let that fool you! We manufacture glass-to-metal hermetically sealed components for some of the world’s largest Aerospace, Defense, and Industrial companies.
What is a hermetically sealed component?
When something is hermetically sealed, it means that two or more substances are bonded together in such a way as to become completely airtight. Century Seals’ hermetically sealed components are created when glass is bonded to metal pins and bases by undergoing a controlled heating process. This “glass seal” creates an insulated environment in which electric current may safely pass through the metal pins. When finished, these parts go on to our customers for use in a wide array of products, including commercial and military aircraft, satellites, microwave communications, industrial appliances, and many more.
What is it like to work at Century Seals?
When you join Century Seals, you become part of an established, hard-working manufacturing team that is dedicated to its goal of delivering top-quality, on-time products to its customers. In return, Century Seals offers the following to all full-time team members:
- Fair, competitive wages with yearly wage reviews. Wages are based on your skills, education, and/or work history.
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Company Paid Life Insurance, Safe Harbor 401K with company contribution and AFLAC/Allstate Supplemental options.
- Generous paid time off. Paid vacation time starts after a probationary period, and will begin to increase after one year. We also offer paid sick time and bonus paid time off for perfect attendance.
- Twelve paid holidays per calendar year. We are always closed on major holidays. Some non-major holidays may be floating holidays. This means that we will be open on the holiday, but you can schedule a different day off with pay in return.
- Laid-back atmosphere. Aside from a few safety-related requirements, we do not have a dress code.
- Comfortable working conditions
- Climate-controlled facilities – heat in the winter, air-conditioning in the summer.
- Work while seated – for most team members, tasks are performed while seated at your own workstation.
- No super-heavy lifting – for most team members, the heaviest item they will have to lift is 25 pounds or less
If you like what you see, we would love to meet you! Check out our listing of open positions below.